Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Goldbergs Pilot Review


The Goldbergs is funny, I'll give it that, but it still has a few flaws. I think it just stops short of a great pilot, but does there have to be so much yelling. Regardless, the episode supplies tons of laughs from Wendi McLendon-Covey, Sean Giambrone, and George Seagal. Although the story ends pretty quickly, the Goldbergs has a sentimental touch that I could come back to every week. With the multiple 80's references and Jeff Garlin it is a great pilot with a lot of yelling.

The Verdict: Despite the yelling, the pilot turns out to be a welcome back to your typical 80's show. I hope you will enjoy as well. 7.8/10
-Too much YELLING!
+Great performances
+Sentimental touch
-Story wrapped up too quickly
+/-Some jokes hit others don't
+Laugh out loud
+80's references
+Likable characters

Are you going to check the pilot out? Comment below and follow me on this blog, Blogbuster411, http://blogbuster411.blogspot.com/. Bookmark me for more. The Goldbergs premieres on September 24 on ABC.

The Film Scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment